Game, Set, Match! Rafa Nadal strikes in Melbourne, winning his 2nd Australian Open title in what has been described as a Herculean effort. His run through the tournament was an amazing display of and consistency.
Our theme for this cycle: Consistency
Our focus has been hitting with height, shape and spin to reduce errors and increase the rally length. Examples of our partner based activities:
RED and ORANGE – Peg It:
- Players are in pairs place a peg at the bottom of the net
- Players commence a drop hit rally and count the number of shots successfully hit in
- Move peg up the net according to the number of shots in their rally
GREEN and YELLOW – 4 Ball Challenge:
- Players are in pairs and have a bucket with 4 balls
- Player takes one ball and must count the number of shots in the rally and then with balls 2,3 and 4
- Once all 4 balls have been used the players combine the total number of shots to get an overall score
What’s in-store for the next 4 weeks of term?
Our next theme is The 4 Rules. We will focus on patterns of play and recovery positions.